Monday, April 20, 2009

Neither Black Nor White



I'm always bewildered when something happens and I expect the answer to be a clear cut 'yes' or 'no' but ends up being something in between. I'm beginning to realise that as I'm exposed to more new (new to me) situations that nothing is ever black or white but is instead always a shade of gray. You can like someone and not like them at the same time; you can feel hungry and full at the same time; you can want something but not want it at the same time. The list really is endless. Inexhaustive.And I guess that I'm also learning that this is what we should appreciate about life. Because nothing in real life has a straight answer. Though I'm sure the author of Q&A or Slumdog Millionaire as it is now known would like to differ - according to him, life CAN be a multiple choice question. And learning this is the hardest part when you've led a sheltered and fairly problem-free life the whole time before this.


Oh well. As Alanis Morissette once sang - "You live, you learn".

No comments: